- WHERE AN APPLICANT IS UNDER THE AGE OF 21 AND/OR NOT IN FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT THEN, WHERE THE LANDLORD IS AGREEABLE, A SUITABLE GUARANTOR MAY BE REQUIRED FOR A TENANCY TO BE CONSIDERED.
- COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM REQUIRED PRIOR TO VIEWING
- NO SHARERS UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN PROPERTY DESCRIPTION ON RENTAL LIST AS "SHARER'S CONSIDERED"
- A CREDIT REFERENCE CHECK, COSTING £30.00 PER APPLICANT, WILL BE TAKEN ONCE A SUITABLE PROPERTY HAS BEEN FOUND
- NO TENANCY WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT FIRST VIEWING A PROPERTY
- APPLICATIONS WILL BE HELD ON FILE FOR A PERIOD OF ONE MONTH - IF YOU STILL REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION AFTER THIS PERIOD PLEASE ADVISE US ACCORDINGLY
UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES THE FOLLOWING ARE USUALLY REQUIRED
1. Payment of a refundable holding deposit of £200. This, and the credit reference charge, is to be paid before references are applied for - please see below for the terms concerning deposits.
2. A credit reference, costing £30 per applicant, will be taken on EACH person wishing to take a tenancy.
3. On signing the tenancy 1 month’s rent plus the deposit plus an agreement charge of £72.00 (£60 + VAT), less the £200 holding deposit already paid, is due. Please see the individual property listing for the amount of rent and deposit.
4. If a guarantor is required a credit reference will be taken on the Guarantor to check their suitability. There is no charge for the first guarantor but if a subsequent guarantor is required a further charge of £30 including vat will be made
GENERAL ADVICE FOR APPLICANTS
* In normal circumstances we suggest you allow up to TWO WEEKS from viewing a property to signing the tenancy. This allows time for obtaining references and carrying out necessary paperwork. We would normally want the tenancy signing by then however so if you need the property holding for you for any longer than this we will have to agree this with the Landlord, equally if you need to be in sooner we will endeavor to accommodate you but cannot make any guarantees.
* As with any house move you are responsible to ensure that all the relevant authorities have your details for connection and payment of bills, i.e. the water, gas, electric, council, telephone and television.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE HOLDING DEPOSIT
1. The following terms are non-negotiable and you should ensure they are read and understood fully before any holding deposit is paid.
2. A property will remain available until the holding deposit and credit reference fee is received in full.
3. Once the holding deposit and credit reference fee is paid the property will come off the list pending references.
4. Payment of a holding deposit is NOT a guarantee that the tenancy will proceed. Prior to signing a tenancy agreement it is possible that the references will not be satisfactory, or that the Landlord may instruct us not to let.
5. All holding deposits are held in a non-interest bearing, protected clients account until the tenancy commences or until such time that the holding deposit is refunded to the applicant in full or less any charges.
6. If, after a holding deposit has been paid, a tenancy does not proceed on Landlord's instructions or because references have not proved satisfactory or for a valid reason beyond the applicant's control then the holding deposit will be refunded to the applicant in full with NO deductions. If however a reference does not prove satisfactory because of a false statement made by the applicant on the credit reference form, then charges will be made against the holding deposit as detailed below.
7. If, after a holding deposit has been paid and the references have been applied for, the applicant withdraws their application for no valid reason, i.e. they have changed their mind, or if a false statement is made by the applicant on the credit reference form then there will be an administration charge made against the holding deposit as follows:-
a) A charge of £60.00 including VAT and
b) Any balance left will then be refunded.
8. The credit reference fee is non-refundable.